Manufactured Home Inspection Services
In Florida and Georgia, FHA and VA require that all homes financed or refinanced under a new loan have foundation systems equal to the current Florida standards, regardless of when they were installed.
Our inspectors check:
- The type and installation of anchors and straps (galvanized are required)
- The presence of stabilization plates in front of diagonal pull anchors
- Properly installed beam clamps
- Longitudinal stabilization with anchors or LSD’s
- Lateral stabilization with anchors or LSD’s
- Proper number and installation of LSD’s and transverse straps
- Proper installation and spacing of anchors
- Mid-line anchors
- Proper installation of skirting
- Stability of support piers
- Removal of wheels and tongues
- Proper anchoring and support of any porches or additions.
Our inspectors have a combined experience of over 50 years inspecting manufactured home foundations, and most have completed the State of Florida’s manufactured home installation course.
Potential Modular Home Foundation Issues
One of the biggest challenges for getting an FHA loan for a mobile or manufactured home is the foundation. Many mobile homes suffer from foundation issues and do not meet the government’s requirements. To receive this type of loan, the structure needs to be built on a permanent foundation as designed by a professional engineer. Part of your inspector’s job is to determine whether or not the current foundation is appropriate.
In some cases, the seller may be able to also provide documentation that the foundation is FHA-approved. If not, you’ll need the inspector to find out and let you know.
FHA Mobile Home Inspections Done Right the First Time
While having a manufactured home inspection may seem like just another hoop you have to jump through in order to secure financing, the reality is that requiring an inspection is one of the best ways to ensure you are not making a financial mistake. FHA loans are a common choice for first-time buyers who may not have the experience needed to understand the importance of a mobile home inspection.
There are many potential problems with manufactured homes that may prevent it from passing inspection. For example, if they are not properly secured, they can be lifted from the foundation and destroyed by a tornado or even a strong wind storm. Not only is that a loss for you but you and your family could lose your life.
Need a professional inspection of your property? Contact us today!